You will investigate, write and file content for the Lawyers Weekly media platform that is accurate and timely, compelling to the target audience.
You’ll use your industry knowledge and journalistic experience to create opportunities for interviews, podcasts and features to produce content across different mediums, reaching our audience across multiple channels.
Working with the Managing Editor and fellow Journalists you will influence and create the flow, identity and production of the platform.
Specifically, you will;
- File great copy at or before deadline which addresses audience expectations and needs.
- Produce daily bulletins.
- Regularly propose editorial ideas, news angles and feature suggestions.
- Apply best practice search engine optimisation (SEO) for all digital content.
- Coordinate podcasts, arranging interviews, logistics and transcription of recordings.
- Build a personal network of professional contacts and sources which you leverage for news and information.
- Attend relevant industry events, promoting the brand/title and sourcing new sources and editorial content.
The ideal candidate will have a law degree and knowledge of the legal industry with a passion for writing and experience creating content for a business or media platform.
You'll be an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and, importantly, is not afraid of hard work.
- Be part of a dynamic, growing business where your input is encouraged
- Modern office and positive workplace culture
- Opportunity for travel and participation in key industry events
- Weekly fruit, discount gym membership and regular staff events
Momentum Media is one of the fastest growing media businesses in Australia and is highly awarded for its media brands, events, innovation and journalism.
We connect audiences to news, features, insights and events they can’t live without. It’s the strength of our audiences that allows our customers to position and promote their brands, services and products.
Momentum Media people are curious, positive, resilient and driven to find new ways to make our business grow.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this role. Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screen interview.